Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines is seeking to hire a CFO Chief Financial Officer – GCSA! Below is the information about the open position:
POSITION TITLE: CFO Chief Financial Officer – GCSA
TYPE OF POSITION: Full Time
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent / Year-Round
Location: Boulder City Nevada
The position requires a complete executive skillset. Significant depth of experience in overseeing the financials for multiple companies, employee management, accounting system software, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, fiduciary roles and responsibilities. The position is responsible for oversight of financial and contractual activities of Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines. Must have extensive experience forecasting and budgeting along with budget variance analysis. Ability to determine issues to assist in making key decisions that affect the viability and overall effectiveness of the Company.
• Develop annual budget and revise throughout fiscal year as appropriate.
• Monthly financial reporting and Budget variance analysis reports to Executives and Board of Directors.
• Annual Budget preparation with Managers and Directors throughout company
• Review and advise on financial and operational implications of business activities
• Oversight of department managers and directors as related to department budgets both purchasing and labor costs.
• Supervise Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines accounting team
• Oversight of annual external audit; ensure ongoing adherence to internal controls
• Oversee preparation of financial reports for Executives and Board of Directors.
• Submission of various business, payroll and property taxes
• Daily management of company’s cash flow including analysis and projections of future cash flow
• Work with tax accountants to complete and review annual taxes for ownership
• Oversight of Payroll Department including being up to date on rules and regulations
• Ability to prepare/evaluate proformas and projections for potential aircraft contracts
• 401(k) Submissions and Tracking
• Working with and maintaining relations with Vendors and Customers
• Evaluate and maintain property and casualty insurance (aircraft, auto, liability, cyber, etc.)
• Evaluate and negotiate various contracts
• Build and maintain relationships with various financial institutions
• Any additional reports and information requested by the CEO and President of Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines
• Internal – President & CEO, Leadership Team. Supervisory responsibilities for Finance Team
• External – Board of Directors/Owners, Tax Accountants, External Auditors, Financial Institutions
• Financial Management Experience preferable as CFO (Controller and Finance/Accounting Managers will also be considered)
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a financial leadership role at an organization of similar size or larger
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; Master of Finance or Accounting preferred
• Knowledge of GAAP accounting, finance, and economic principles
• Ability to interpret and negotiate contracts of moderate complexity
• Ability to interpret macro-economic forecasts and apply factors locally
• Understanding of 401(k) plans rules and investment concepts
• Superb analytical reasoning and strategic thinking, demonstrated problem solving skills
• High level of integrity and dependability
• Advanced Excel user, high comfort level with software, e.g., accounting systems, Office365, payroll systems, merchant accounts, banking systems.
• Certified Public Accountant
• Airline Experience
• Experience working with Multiple Companies.
• Experience in Privately Owned Corporations
PREFERRED CONTACT METHOD: Email a Cover Letter with Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.