We recently learned about the formation of the Eldorado Valley OHV Conservation Club, who held one of their first public information meetings in late January. They’ve got a Facebook Page if you’re interested HERE.
They’ve planned their first event which is a Clean-Up Day and EVERYONE is invited to pitch in!
Beginning at 10:00 am on Saturday, February 16th, volunteers will be needed to meet up at the end of Buchannan Blvd. near the substation. (Just follow the road to it’s end point, and then follow the signs to park.)
Now, this is a bit more elaborate than other local clean-up efforts that happen in town, because this time you’re headed out into the desert area. Here’s what you need to know if you wish to participate:
- ALL Volunteers must RSVP in advance at BCOHVquestions@gmail.com.
- You WILL be riding on Off Highway Vehicles during this process.
- Dress appropriately, and watch the weather in advance. Be sure to have sturdy shoes and gloves, hat, sunscreen, etc.
- Bring some water.
- Trash bags will be provided.
- If you have your own OHV Vehicles, then let them know that. If you don’t own one, then you’ll be paired with someone who does.
We think this is a great way to meet some new people, and help clean up our surrounding area that holds such beauty and appeal to us all. We’ll hope to see a great turnout for this first ever event!