We thought it was important to share with you an up-close follow up story on the One Stop Career Center that opened up at the Boulder City Library this spring.
These three lovely ladies are on hand to see this local resource fulfill its mission to help transform lives through the power of work. The center is headed up by its Operations Supervisor Gina Garcia, (pictured center) along with Career Coach Urla Browne, (left) and Job Developer Kathleen Gerdon, (right).
The Career Center takes a multi-pronged approach to help connect businesses with valuable employees, and job seekers with both work as well as education opportunities. To explain, here’s a brief overview of their services…
The Career Center can become almost an extension of their existing Human Resources Department. The Job Developer connects with businesses to secure an inventory of available jobs and post a listing of open positions throughout Boulder City and the greater Las Vegas area.
The Center just recently ran it’s first hiring event put on by one new business that was looking for a number of employees. More such events will no doubt be held in the future. All of their open positions were filled too!
There are two levels at which the Center can work with prospective job seekers.
1. Basic Level: Anyone can come, view the job postings put up weekly. “Hot Jobs” on this listing – employers looking to fill an immediate need – are given prominent referrals to qualified seekers. Need help with your resume? They can do that for you too, for FREE!
2. Workforce Services Enrollment Level: This is for both youths and adults who need additional help or services. Currently in Boulder City the Center has open positions for both, and examples of the services they can provide for qualified participants are:
- Individual employment planning
- Personal career coaching
- Occupational skills training
- On-The-Job training
- Assistance with training materials or transportation
If you’re looking for work or interested in learning more about their services, they’ve got THREE upcoming workshops at the Boulder City Library that are open to EVERYONE to attend:
- Monday, December 18th, 3pm at the Library is an Orientation for Services, to learn more about their offerings
- Friday, December 22nd , 3pm is a Transferrable Skills Workshop
- Friday, December 29th, 3pm is a workshop called “Yes! You Can! Finding a Job in 2018”
The bottom line is if you’re looking for a job or a way to improve your work situation, then this is a great place to start. For employers, it’s a huge way to leverage your own efforts to find great employees. We’re thinking that’s a big WIN-WIN for Boulder City!
For more information, contact email@example.com.