After Hours Movies
Boulder City Library will be showing two exceptional movies in the Community Room during April!
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be on Friday, April 7th at 5:30pm and
- Hidden Figures will show on Friday, April 21st at 5:30pm.
For both of these movies, you are encouraged to bring your own folding chairs, blankets, and snacks.
Local Authors Showcase
Explore the works of local authors on Tuesday, April 11th at 6:30pm! At this event, you will learn what inspires the authors, their writing process, and publishing their works. There will also be books for sale by each author. The fantastic authors that will be showcased include:
- Cynthia Lee De Boer, author of “Me, Myself, and Eye”
- Rhonda Gatlin, author of “Granny’s Cobbler: a Counting Book”
- Dale Napier, author of “Tai Chi in Your Life”
- Stephen Osborne, author of “Hope Run”
Celebrate National Library Week during Spring Break!
From April 10th through April 15th the library will be celebrating National Library Week with these fun filled programs:
- Monday, April 10th at 3pm the Teen Advisory Group is meeting and new members are always welcome
- Tuesday, April 11th the library is hosting three events: 10am Baby Lap-sit Storytime, 2pm Read with a Bark Ranger, and the 6:30pm Local Authors Showcase (see above). Please note that for the Read with a Bark Ranger, there will be a dog present.
- Wednesday, April 12th there will be four events: 10am Toddler Storytime, 1pm Youth Earth Day Craft, 3pm Positive Action, and 6pm Family Storytime.
- Thursday, April 13th the library will host three events: 9am Book Club for ages 18+, 11:30 Medicare Bingo (please RSVP by calling 702-364-2273), and 1pm Lego Challenge.
- Friday, April 14th there will be two events: 10am Drop In Storytime with the Junior Ranger Day’s Band Jam and 1pm Family Movie: Sing (PG).
- Saturday, April 15th the library will be participating in the Junior Ranger Day at the Boulder Beach Picnic Area 10am – 2pm. This day will be filled with fun events including Bark Rangers and Band Jams.