The Boulder City Library is pleased to present its events for New Year! Below you’ll find a schedule of events for January 2023:
Ages 0-5 Programs
- Tuesdays at 10:30am Toddler Tuesday Storytime: Ages 1-3 and Caregiver, Board Room. Join us for stories, songs, and a coloring sheet.
- Thursdays at 9:30AM Early Risers Lapsit Storytime: Ages 0-2 and Caregiver, Community Room. Join us for stories and songs.
- Fridays at 10:30AM Drop In Storytime: Ages 0-5 and Caregiver, Board Room. Join us for stories, songs, and crafts.
- Monday, January 30 at 10:30am STEAM Exploration Club: Ages 1-5 and Caregiver, Board Room. Learn the beginning STEAM Concepts.
Ages 6-11 Programs
- Thursday, January 5 at 3:30pm Coding Club: Community Room. Learn the basics of coding!
- Tuesdays, 1/10 & 1/24 at 3:30pm Lego Building Challenge: Community Room. We provide the Legos, you provide the imagination!
- Saturday, January 14 at 1pm Art Club: Community Room. Learn about art concepts and make your own art to take home.
- Thursday, January 19 at 3:30pm Building Club: Community Room. Relax and Build with your friends.
- Monday, January 30 at 3:30pm STEAM Exploration Club: Board Room. Learn the beginning STEAM Concepts.
Ages 12-18 Programs
- School Days at 2pm Teen Time: Location Varies. Do an art project, play board games, and hang out with friends!
- Wednesday, January 4 at 2:30pm Teen Volunteer Meeting, Ages 12-18, Community Room. Learn what it takes to be a teen volunteer at the library and earn an hour of service credit!
- Fridays,1/6 & 1/20 at 3:30pm Roleplayers’ Guild: Community Room. Go on a quest, fight dragons, and loot the villages!
Ages 18+ Programs
- Tuesdays at 2:30pm Crochet for A Cause: Board Room.
- Fridays at 12pm Easy Does It Yoga: Community Room.
- Saturday, January 7 at 1pm Mixed Media Art: Community Room. Sign-Ups Required. New Year, New Art Starts.
- Sunday, January 8 at 2pm Vision Boards: Community Room. Collage Your way to Success!
- Wednesday, January 11 at 10am Becca’s Book Club: Community Room.
- Thursday, January 12 at 6pm Come Write In. Ages 16+, Community Room. Join us for this creative writing workshop. All skill levels welcome.
- Sunday, January 15 at 2pm Dragon Origami: Board Room. Sign-ups required.
- Sunday, January 22 at 2pm Crochet a Beanie: Community Room. Sign-Ups Required. Create your own Beanie at this fun class
- Saturday, January 28 at 11am Ancestry Club: All Ages, Community Room. Learn from others as you research your family history.
- Tuesday, January 31 at 5:30pm Roleplayers’ Guild: Community Room.
- Board of Trustees Meeting: Wednesday, January 18 at 6pm it the board room
- Friends of the Library: Quarterly Meeting January 10, 2023 1pm in the Board Room. Join the Friends of the library for their Quarterly meeting. It is a ticketed event, tickets can be purchased by calling 725-243-3525.
- Family Programs: Wednesday, January 18 at 10am Immunization Clinic with Southern Nevada Health District: Community Room.
- Monday, January 9 at 2pm Homeschool Hangout: Community Room. Learn from other Homeschooling families in the community.
- Tuesday, January 17 at 6pm Family Literacy Storytime. All Ages, Board Room. Listen to stories, do a craft, and spend time with your family.
- Monday, January 23 at 6pm West African Kora (Harp) Presented by Sean Gaskill: Community Room.
- Thursday, January 26 at 6pm Psych-o Fun: Share your Appreciation of the “Psych” Tv Show by watching the pilot episode and doing trivia, Community Room. Sign-Ups Required.
- Tech Teachers: Tech Teachers are available in January! To sign-up for a one-on-one time, please visit the information desk or call the library at 702-293-1281. Tech Teachers are available on Tuesdays at 1pm & 2pm, Wednesdays 12pm & 1pm, and Thursdays 12pm & 1pm.
The library is located at 701 Adams Boulevard. They will be closed Sunday, January 1 for New Year’s Day and also Monday, January 17 for Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday. Regular library dates are Monday thru Thursday from 10am to 8pm, and Friday thru Sunday from 10am to 5pm. The address is 701 Adams Boulevard. Their phone number is (702) 293-1281.