Boulder Dam Credit Union’s Annual Shred Day is a week from today — so that would make it Wednesday, April 25th.
Eric Estes, Manager of the Boulder Dam Credit Union, sent us the rules and regs that he publishes in the Boulder City Review for this event…here it is for ya:
“Very few special events we conduct draw as much attention or appreciation as our Annual Shred Day. Last year’s event saw members lining up at sunrise to drop off their shredding and before the event ended, an estimated 12 tons of shredding was completed.
This year’s Shred Day is scheduled for Wednesday, April 25th, from 9:00am to 2:00pm. As always, we will have a couple of staff on hand to assist, but do ask that members abide by the following rules:
- Items that cannot be shredded are plastic files, leather of any kind, three-ring binders, ink cartridges and compact discs of any kind. Please do not leave these types of items hoping that we will find another way to take care of them. If it can’t be shredded, please dispose of it prior to bringing it to us.
- Any boxes labeled from Richard Nixon will not be accepted.
- Please do not arrive early in the morning and leave your shredding curbside. We ask that you not drop off your shredding and leave unless a staff member or employee of Cintas has instructed you to do so. An unhappy employee is one that has to move 16 boxes of papers out of the way so that a shred truck can pull in and park.
- Don’t try to tie up your disgruntled spouse and leave them buried at the bottom of a shred box. This item tends to clog the shredding machine and create delays for everyone.
- And as always, be patient. This is a free service that we are pleased to provide to our members (and probably non-members as well), your appreciation can be shown by being patient if there is a line when you arrive.