Southern Nevada, including the City of Boulder City, the Boulder City Chamber of Commerce, Workforce Connections and many other local entities are applying for federal funding in response to the $3 billion “Investing in America’s Communities” initiative funded by the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
The Investing in America’s Communities offers $3 billion in funding opportunities in six different areas of concern to assist hard hit communities. some of these include unemployment, economic revitalization, as well as help for hard-hit areas like Clark County. The goal of the federal initiative will improve communities like Clark County to build back better. The six notices of funding opportunities include:
- Build Back Better Regional Challenge ($1 billion)
- Good Jobs Challenge ($500 million)
- Economic Adjustment Assistance Challenge ($500 million)
- Indigenous Communities Challenge ($100 million)
- Travel, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation Grants ($750 million)
- Statewide Planning, Research, and Networks Grants ($90 million)
All Southern Nevada organizations are welcome to join the effort building upon recently approved 2021 Comprehensive Economic Strategy by the Las Vegas Global Economic Allegiance (LVGEA). Those community organizations are encouraged to contact Jaime Cruz, Workforce Connections Executive Director by August 21, 2021.