First off, we want to say that this year, more than any other, you’ll want to be sure you purchase your tickets in advance, because they’re having a record breaking year at the Dam Short Film Festival…
According to Festival Director John LaBonney they have done 10 times the number of normal ticket pre-sales – over $10,000 worth!
Don’t panic – you can still get tickets at the door: Individual showings for $10 each, or a 4 day pass for $100.
However, we wouldn’t dally too long, because they are already predicting that the most heavily attending showings, such as Best of the Fest and other screenings are sold out, or nearly so.
Tickets went on sale today at 11:30 am and the first films started rolling today at noon. Here’s the schedule.
Festival Founder Lee Lanier and his team say this is largely due to the media coverage they’ve received, which is really a story in itself. So here’s the round up on that so far:
- Channel 5 Fox News, who you see interviewing Lee above, will air interviews tonight at 5pm, 6pm and 10pm.
- Channel 5 Fox News will be back tomorrow, Friday at 9am to do another show LIVE for their entertainment segment.
- Channel 13 ABC News will also be here at 6pm, tomorrow Friday for a LIVE show with their weather team.
- Entertainment Tonight, a nationally syndicated program, will be taping here in town on Friday night at 10pm, both at the Boulder City Theatre as well as doing some filming around town in Boulder City! (So…let’s try to be on our best behavior folks!) We’re told this will air Saturday.
- Channel 3 NBC News did a story all about the Dam Short Film Festival and the historic theater, you can read that HERE.
- Channel 8 CBS News rounds up the coverage with their piece we shared with you a few days ago, HERE.
Big thanks to all the folks who help put this on every year – we’ve always enjoyed it and will again this year too. We’re hearing the media coverage has made a huge difference this year, and the team gives a special shout out to Tanya Vece of The Homestead of Boulder City for their support!
So, grab a look at the schedule and go get your tickets today!