Oh yeah, there’s a WHOLE lotta election information packed into this post, so buckle up!
Final Candidate Meet & Greet
On Tuesday (May 30th, 2017) from 6-8pm, Milo Hurst (of Milo’s Cellar & Inn) will host all four City Council candidates at 2 Wheels … the corner venue located at Nevada Highway and Wyoming. Several other downtown restaurants (i.e, The Dillinger and Jack’s Place) will provide appetizers and cold drinks for this non-partisan opportunity to meet all of the candidates in one location before early voting begins.
There will be no speeches or debates and word is that all four candidates have confirmed their attendance, so please feel free to stop by if you have any concerns or questions for the candidates on any issue.
If you’d like to read through the two questions (and the arguments for/against) that will appear on the ballot in this election, you can open a PDF of the sample ballot by CLICKING HERE. Breaking it down to the most basic level:
Question 1 (an actual vote)
- Vote NO if you want no changes made to Boulder City’s current controlled growth ordinance
- Vote YES if you want the current controlled growth ordinance changed to remove the 30 dwellings limit per developer per construction year (more specifics on this are available in the sample ballot’s materials)
Question 2 (advisory question only)
- Vote NO if you do not want the City Council to investigate the feasibility of an on-ramp/off-ramp interchange on Interstate 11 at the bottom of Buchanan Blvd. (near Veterans Memorial Cemetery).
- Vote YES if you do want the City Council to investigate the feasibility of an on-ramp/off-ramp interchange on Interstate 11 at the bottom of Buchanan Blvd.
Early voting will be at Boulder City Hall in the Council Chamber at 401 California Ave on these dates:
- Wednesday, May 31 (7am – 6pm)
- Thursday, June 1 (7am – 6pm)
- Friday, June 2 (8am – 6pm)
- Saturday, June 3 (8am – 6pm)
Election day is Tuesday, June 13 and polls are open from 7am – 7pm at two Vote Centers (you may vote at EITHER LOCATION):
- Boulder City Recreation Center at 900 Arizona St.
- Martha P. King Elementary School at 888 Adams Blvd (Adams Blvd./Ave. B)