If you’re headed to and from Boulder City and the Las Vegas valley, we know the frustrations with traffic if there’s a wreck between here and there.
There is a new frontage road that can allow you to bypass any traffic delays between Railroad Pass and the Wagon Wheel exit in Henderson.
Outbound – BC to Henderson
- Exit Railroad Pass – turn left at the stop sign.
- Drive over I-11, going straight. After the freeway the road will end. (On your left you will see a large sign for ‘Goodfellow’s’.
- Turn right onto the frontage road, you will travel several miles, cross the railroad tracks, staying on the south side of the freeway. It will eventually merge onto Dawson Ave. in a residential area. (Warning, at this merge there is a ‘DIP’ sign – they mean it, so slow down.)
- Follow Dawson Ave. until it ends, at Conestoga Way. Turn right, and follow this road around a bending turn, eventually passing the nightspot Remedy’s. Turn right at the corner of Nevada State Dr. and at this point, turn back onto I-11.
Inbound – Henderson to BC
- Exit Wagon Wheel Drive, turn right at the stop sign.
- Make the first left turn onto Conestoga Way, passing the Shell gas station and Remedy’s. Follow a gradual turn, through a residential area.
- When the road ends at Dawson Ave., turn left.
- Follow the road, but note the ‘DIP’ warning sign – they mean it! This is where Dawson Ave. joins the frontage road. Continue on this for a few miles until the end.
- The frontage road ends at the Railroad Pass exit. Turn left, and staying in the left lane cross over I-11, following the signs to Boulder City. Exit right onto Boulder City Pkwy, and merge. Then, you’re home!
Prior to just a few weeks ago, this road had been the main service road while they were building I-11. But now it’s paved, signed, and ready for use! We hope this is helpful for those who regularly commute into the valley.