Oh Yeah! T minus 4 days until this year’s batch of Girl Scout Cookies go on sale! I was in a grocery store parking lot over the weekend and walked by a truck that had the cases piled up in the front seat…so I can confirm the glorious presence of Thin Mints within city limits!
Kathy Echler confirmed that they’ll go on sale on February 10th and there will be booths at the Boulder Dam Credit Union and Albertsons…but the days and times will vary as there are actually 5 troops here in Boulder City. The sale ends March 4th.
If you are reading this and know a specific date and time when the Girl Scouts will be at a given location — feel free to post it to the Facebook page for everyone! And pity the poor girls who get me as a customer…I make them give me their best sales pitch on what it means to be a Girl Scout and do all their own math!
Here are some interesting things about Girl Scout Cookies for ya from their website:
- The best selling Girl Scout Cookies are: Thin Mints (25%), Samoas/Caramel deLites (19%), Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs (13%), Peanut Butter Sanwiches/Do-si-dos (11%), Shortbread/Trefoils (9%), and all the rest combined (23%)
- All Girl Scout Cookies are kosher.
- All Girl Scout Cookies are made by one of two licensed bakers: ABC Bakers and Little Brownie Bakers.
- Girl Scout Cookies are “zero trans fat per serving” and do not contain any added preservatives.
- 70% of the proceeds stays in the local Girl Scout council to provide a portion of the resources needed to support Girl Scouting in that area, including the portion that goes directly to the group selling the cookies. The balance goes directly to the baker to pay for the cookies.
- Girl Scout Cookies are NOT sold online and cookies found for sale online at auction and community list sites should not be purchased under any circumstances. Girl Scouts has a cookie site to help you locate girls selling in your community by zip code though…just click here. There is also a Cookie Finder app for the iPhone located here.