Here’s a final roundup for you on what is happening on the 4th of July this year in Boulder City, along with a few reminders. First, the housekeeping:
- The dry lake bed is again CLOSED as it has been each year at this time since 2014. This is unfortunately due to irresponsible users who left trash in the area and repeatedly caused problems for the City and law enforcement. So, stay out of there, please again in 2020.
- The Damboree events have all been canceled for this year, due to the COVID-19 situation and the rule of not allowing any official gatherings of 50 or more people.
- Lastly, let’s please STAY SAFE and if you use fireworks please do so responsibly! There was an incident just last year we saw on Facebook (link is HERE) where some trees in Del Prado Park caught on fire. There have been multiple reports from all over, from Utah, to Los Angeles and beyond, of fireworks hazards being created this year. So please remember to be smart if you shoot of your own fireworks, and be kind to your neighbors and our dogs too.
Here is what is happening in town:
- There will be a drive-up to-go Pancake Breakfast put on at the Senior Center from 7am-9am, organized by the Rotary Club of Boulder City on the morning of July 4th. Come in on G Street and you’ll be directed to walk up or drive up on either side of the building, and you’ll get pancakes, sausage and fixings to go. Donations benefit the Senior Center after expenses.
- There is currently an unsanctioned classic car, boat or motorcycle ‘protest parade’ planned downtown on the regular parade route, starting at 9am. No official Special Events permit has been granted, and we hope any who attend will be respectful of all laws and remain physically and safely distanced and wear masks.
- Fireworks are being sold legally in two locations here in town, for those who wish to set off your own fireworks. There is one stand in the usual location at Albertsons, but as of this time we have not been able to find out who is running that this year. There is also another fireworks stand at the Rebel Gas Station, benefiting the Leo’s/Lions Club of Boulder City. Sales open July 1-4, 10am-10pm.
- Lastly, we know that July 4th will be the Grand Opening of the new location of Fox Smokehouse BBQ! So we’ll definitely see you there!