I was inspired to take a trip to the Google Analytics dashboard and see how much traffic Boulder City Social was getting. Mostly because more people have asked about having pages in Shop Local and taking sidebar ads…and traffic matters when you are advertising on the web.
Seeing the numbers was fun…it was way more that I thought…but what was really fun was seeing what posts have been the most popular with everyone — so I thought I’d recap which posts have gotten the most hits and let you know what your fellow Fans are interested in!
First…overall traffic. From June 1st – 30th, the Boulder City Social website had 8,573 page views, which was an increase of over 3,500 views from the month before. NICE way to cruise the site, folks!!!
But that’s just how many times pages were viewed…some of them were multiple page views by the same person — so our “unique visitors” count is 1,548 (yes, Google can tell who you are and distinguish you as a unique visitor).
Combined, these 1,548 visitors came to the site a total of 3,142 times – so on average, looked at 2.73 pages each. Average time on the site for each of them is 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
Here are the most popular pages and how many times each one was viewed:
- The Home Page: 1,342 views
- The Jobs Board: 606 views
- Yard Sales: 561 views
- Town Happenings (the summary list of the daily posts): 379 views
- Post: First Look at The Dillinger: 268 views
- Boulder City Deals (the page describing the discount card projects): 219 views
- Post: The Flying Saucer-Area 52: 188 views
- Post: And the new BCHS Principal Will Be: 169 views
- Boulder City Social Deals (the list of BC businesses giving deals): 168 views
- Job Posting: Boulder City Library Custodial Assistant: 160 views
Neato, huh? I especially like to see what daily posts get the most hits! Maybe I’ll do this summary every month for ya’ll!