“Eat Dessert First!”
It’s a slogan to live by, and one that the new owner of Sugars At The Forge, Jamie Ashby says she and her family have always held dear. All I can tell you is, check out their web site HERE, and you’ll know you’re in trouble! Diet – what diet!
Sugars is moving into the Forge Social House spot on 553 California Avenue here in Boulder City. Many of you know this has been an event venue run by Grant and Larry Turner since it opened, and is a fantastic location for mid-sized events in town and special menus. But as you know, this family is busy, and the Turners were looking to pull this one off their plate (pun intended) – enter Jamie!
Jamie and her husband recently relocated permanently to Boulder City, coming down from Alamo, Nevada. She tells us she has been looking for a spot locally for quite a while, and has a business management and event planning background. So she said she immediately thought the location and the existing Forge building was perfect!
True to her name, they will certainly have fresh, home-made doughnuts and other fun sweet treats. She says she will focus on large portions for a value, “I want people to get great homemade food and not pay a lot for it!”.
So what’s the plan? Let’s break it down for you this way, as this new venture right now has some big ideas:
1. Special Events, which the Forge has always been known for will still be available on Friday and Saturday nights from 6pm to 10pm, only.
2. Regular dine-in or take-out hours will be Sunday – Thursday, from 6am to 9pm, and Friday & Saturday 6am to 4pm.
3. Breakfast and lunch menu items will be available daily, 7 days a week.
4. Dinners will be a rotational fixed menu that included both a special alcoholic and non-alcoholic option Sunday – Thursday. These will be themed: Sunday is ‘family dinner’ night, Thursdays will be ‘throwback’ meals, and Wednesdays will be ‘half-price’ since you’re ‘half-way’ through the week, etc.
5. Adventurers take note – they will also feature gourmet boxed lunches too! (Outfitters in town, take note! Might be a fun option to offer your guests…just sayin’!)
But lastly, Jamie is quick to say that if you’ve got allergies, issues with gluten, dairy or other special needs with your food or diet, they’ve got you covered! They even have home-made dog treats too. The bar will double as a bakery, so anytime you want their baked goods, swing on by and get a hot fresh doughnut or other baked treat.
They’re hoping to get open soon, so we’ll keep you posted on that. You can contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.