Okay – I’m a gal in the know on what’s happening inside the patio construction area over at Chilly Jilly’z (which used to be the outdoor garden of Ladybug Nursery before they closed).
Below are a few pictures I took on a recent sneak peek I wheedled and here’s what I remember Jill (Quatrale, aka Chilly Jilly) telling me:
- Photo 1: It’s going to have a very “garden” feeling — there will be a Bamboo fence on the left and lots of plants, etc. There will be misters above to keep things cool. Each of the pipes you see sticking out of the ground are for gas lines that will light the fire pits in the center of each table. The lights above are those yellow-glowing bulbs … I don’t know how else to describe them…a soft lighting effect. At the far end is the stage (a closeup of which is in Photo 2).
- Photo 2: A closeup of the stage…whether it’s for more tables, a band or say…a head table if a wedding reception was booked here. You can see the lights a little bit better in this shot. Inside the doors behind the stage is entry to the service bar…move onto Photo 3.
- Photo 3: Inside the service bar where they’ll serve drinks (not have patrons sit in there, just serve and deliver to tables). Chilly Jilly’z now already has its alcohol license, so there will be beer, wine and all the yummies. The tile on the sides of the counters is the same tile as in the cafe, but a beautiful brown. And the countertops are an amazing wood. Beer taps are already in and they’ll have a Dole Whip machine over here so they can make tropical drinks…you know the kinds with little umbrellas, I’m sure!
- Photo 4: Closeup of the tile under the wood countertops
- Photo 5: Doors to the bakery…an exact match to the cafe’s kitchen doors. The bakery used to be over in the cafe, but they moved it into this space some time ago to make more room for cafe food service, fyi.
And there you go! I definitely asked when they were opening and I’ve definitely forgotten now! But it was either October or November…so not long, that’s for sure!