City officials, in response to water conservation needs and other environmental concerns, is working with a landscape architect consultant, Stantec Engineering, to develop an update to the city code. This update, if approved, will apply to NEW development landscaping. Existing landscaping will not be required to be updated. The changes to the code would include:
- Provide landscaping requirements for new development (or replacement landscaping for condominium developments) throughout Boulder City.
- Provide guidelines regarding which trees and plants the City should be using in the parkways throughout the City.
The code will not affect the following:
- Regulating what homeowners can plant on their private property.
- Require businesses to change existing landscaping that is currently on their commercial property.
The City has put together a video presentation, as well as several documents from the consultant for community review. You can find the links to the video and documents below (all links open in a new window):
- Landscape Master Plan Update Video
- BCNV City Zones Map (outlines areas below)
- BCNV Historic District Plant List
- BCNV Commercial Plant List
- BCNV Residential Plant List
- BCNV Parks and Open Space Plant List
- BCNV Arterial Streets Plant List
Input from the community can be submitted via email HERE or via telephone to (702) 293-9282. The deadline for providing feedback is Sunday, October 31, 2021.