Every year we look forward to checking out what the most popular pages and posts were for the prior year (based on the number of page views they’ve received through the Google Analytics dashboard). For 2020, while being one of the wildest and most challenging years most of us can remember, this exercise below is also very heartening – because while there were many hard times, there is also a whole of of good happening in our town. We’re grateful.
First and foremost – we want to Thank YOU, our readers – without whom this would not work! We so appreciate your loyal readership, and we keep growing, year after year. This past year, we had a total of 269,027 Page Views as well as 88,371 Users, which is up 24% from the prior year. This helps our Partner Advertisers who are a huge reason for our continued publication. We can’t do this without them or you.
Now, enjoy the flashback into the happening topics of conversation in town during 2020!
1. Home Page (It’s the main page of the site, so that seems natural).
2. .Job Board Folks were looking for work this year with over 22,225 views of that page alone! (Updated with job opportunities throughout the year)
3. Holiday Lights! We’re so glad to bring this back again for this third year, and see that people seemed to use and enjoy it! Thank you to all who participated – we will definitely bring this back next year. (Page is no longer live now.)
4. Yard Sales. (Updated each week as new yard sale listings are submitted – this is free for all, so don’t forget to take advantage!)
5. Business News Posts. (Updated weekly throughout the year – a recap of our Sidebar Advertising Partners news, deals and special offers. #shoplocal) We are very happy to see this made the list in the top 10, now several years in a row!
6. Boulder City Social Is Now BoulderCity.com. This cracks me up! Because we put this out over 3 years ago on September 17, 2017, but this year it actually ranked #6. Go figure.
7. Boulder City’s Response to the Coronavirus. Hardly a shocker to see this near the top, nor is it a surprise that for a post originated on March 14th, that shortly after publication, there were a heck of a lot of changes to it…
8. Upcoming Events. Those obviously took quite a hit this year, but when we had stuff to show, you sure showed up.
9. Boulder City’s Nature Discovery Trail. This is another older article (2017) but a travel service recently asked if they could link to it – and folks sure as heck were looking for some fun stuff to do outside this year!
10. New Business: Sugars At The Forge. It’s unfortunate that this business had to close their doors, but we hear is working to reopen elsewhere.
11. Jobs – Page 2.
12. How Many Coronavirus Cases Do We Have in Boulder City? Much has changed since this initial post back on April 9th. We know that shortly after this, Clark County officials started to publish more information for us to see, such as case counts and trends by both city map and by zip code.
13. Town Happenings. (Summary list of the last 10 posts).
15. First Confirmed Coronavirus Case in Boulder City. This feels like forever ago. As of January 6th, Boulder City has now recorded 700 positive cases, to date.
16. Evan Retires – A New Era Begins. WOW! Was this the best exit ever!?! And now nearly a year later, the new place will open their doors soon.
18. Coming Soon: Big T’s Cantina. We told you about this new business back on June 2nd. And now as of January 2nd, 2021 they are open to rave reviews!
19. Coming Soon: Dam Roast House & Browder Bookstore. Back on May 24th we introduced you to these three entrepreneurs, and they also just opened on January 4th, 2021!
20. We’ll See You At The Nest! Here’s another great new business that opened their doors in 2020.
21. Pizza Hut Closing January 27th. The pandemic had nothing to do with this one…
22. What’s Planned For Boulder City’s Holiday. Organizers had to get creative, but a great many informal and virtual festivities occurred.
23. Boulder City Restaurant Service Guide. Back when most of our eateries were carry out only, or a few just completely shut down, we tried to help you find the local grub you needed!
24. Progress at The New Fox Smokehouse BBQ Location. Another of our amazing local eateries who persevered and expanded in a massive relocation during 2020.
25. Opening Soon – The Dam Bistro. Moving into the former Evan’s location, this new spot will open their doors in just a few days…