Every year we look forward to checking out what the most popular pages and posts were for the prior year (based on the number of page views they’ve received through the Google Analytics dashboard). You can take a retro peak at 2020 HERE. For 2021, we did redo and update the site, and while the site was not ‘down’ for any length of time we did have some data interruption. But we still have much to recap for this past year of some super amazing events that happened in Boulder City.
First and foremost – we want to Thank YOU, our readers – without whom this would not work! We so appreciate your loyal readership, and we keep growing, year after year. Now, enjoy the flashback into the happening topics of conversation in town during 2021!
1. Home Page (It’s the main page of the site, so that seems natural), with well over 30,000+ page views!
2. Job Board Folks were looking for work this year again, and many of our local businesses needed to hire, making it again the #2 most viewed page on the site. (Updated with job opportunities throughout the year)
3. Yard Sales. (Updated each week as new yard sale listings are submitted – this is free for all, so don’t forget to take advantage!)
4. Jobs – Page 2 – again showing the need for folks to find work as the economy continued to recover from the pandemic.
5. Upcoming Events. Our beloved local events made a comeback, signalling to most of us the true waning of the pandemic closures, so we’re so happy you found out about them with us!
6. Holiday Lights. We’re so glad to bring this back again for this forth year, and see that people seemed to use and enjoy it! Thank you to all who participated – we will definitely bring this back next year. (Page is no longer live now.)
7. Boulder City’s Nature Trail and Discovery Garden. Well isn’t this a hoot! All the way back in 2017 our friend and guest columnist Noreen Kenny wrote up a great article about this local walking trail. It’s a locals and visitors fav so we’re so glad to see it being searched and viewed to this day!
8. Business News Posts. (Updated weekly throughout the year – a recap of our Sidebar Advertising Partners news, deals and special offers. #shoplocal) We are very happy to see this made the list in the top 10, now several years in a row!
9. The Dam Bistro Opens. January 8th is when we got to celebrate the opening of one of our new favorite restaurants, transitioning as we know over the course of 2020 from the former Evan’s location. Ken and staff – congrats on your first Anniversary!
10. Town Happenings. (Summary list of the last 10 posts).
11. Holiday Events in Boulder City 2021. This Holiday Season we were ready to party like no other! So glad you checked in with us to get the Ho-ho-ho lineup for this year!
12. What’s Happening at the Old 7-Eleven? This was maybe not the most popular decision received this year, as we know the classic 7-Eleven location on Nevada Way moved down the way into their brand new shiny store.
13. Ride the BC Santa Express. Oh boy were we happy to hear that the folks at the Nevada Southern Railway had almost completely sold out of all rides for this annual event!
14. Jobs – Page 3.
15. City Council Candidate Podcast Interviews. This page is no longer live on our site, since the elections are now past us, but we sure are grateful to our partner Roger Gros at the Boulder City Podcast who created this great collection of interviews to help you all know and understand your candidates better in 2021. Thank you Roger and all who ran for City Council – we appreciate your willingness to serve!
16. Boulder City Social Is Now BoulderCity.com. This cracks us up! Because we put this out over 4 years ago on September 17, 2017, but this year it still ranked in the top 20. Go figure.
17. Edie’s/Sher-Lo Flowers Location Sold – Big Plans Ahead! This was welcome news to all who love our downtown that a new deli and grill will be opening up here sometime later in 2022 – and you know we’ll keep you posted on that for sure!
18. Big Changes at the Flamingo Motel. Another piece of oh-so good news was that the Flamingo Motel, which had sadly become quite an eye-sore on Nevada Way, will get a whole new lease on life coming in the year ahead.
19. Your 2021 City Council Candidates. Man, what a ride, yes?!? We were so grateful to see such a lively field of people willing to run for City Council this past year. Makes you feel good about the health of our little democracy here in town – and again our appreciation to all who ran!
20. Opening Soon – The Dam Bistro. Good news loves company I guess! We sure are happy that this restaurant, along with a few others made Boulder City their spot to call home.
Lastly, let’s again say a word about the strength of our community. In the past few years we’ve watched a bypass happen that many were worried would harm our business core, and then barely adjusted from that comes the pandemic. Despite it all our town has thrived, stood strong, stayed active and involved and supported our businesses and non-profits through some very challenging times. We should remember that some are still struggling as new challenges emerge, but also appreciate what all we have accomplished in our community. We did it together folks, let’s remember that too.
Also during the past year, another writer has joined this team, one Miss Tina Cluver, and I Jean Widner am beyond happy to have her and appreciate her contributions to this page! Thank you to all who read and trust us for a fun slice of news, events and information in Boulder City – and to our Advertisers who support us! We wouldn’t be here without ALL of you! Blessings for an abundant 2022 to us all!